Friday, May 1, 2009

Quote of the Week

The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them.
Bernard M. Baruch


So after The Journal article came out I was really unimpressed with the way they unbelievably twisted around my words (and on the front cover too, seriously!). After initially feeling really terrible in case I had offended anyone with something I had never said, I realized that what done was done and there was no way I could change what had been written. I had to take a couple of deep breaths, let it go and move on. But this very small incident has allowed me step back and evaluate the way I deal with problems in life. Bad things are going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it, but how we step back and deal with our problems, big or small, defines who we are. Our happiness does not depend on the things that happen to us, but how we choose to deal with them. No one decides how we feel but ourselves. I chose a long time ago to be positive and to be at peace with my life. My life has definitely not always been easy, but I keep learning that....
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(Confucius)


On a totally unrelated side note, my lovely second shooter and office assistant, Kelly MacKay took some new headshots of me... so now there is a face to the name for those of you who don't know me personally. I think she did a great job capturing who I am within the photographs. What do you think?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just want to say... WOW you sure got great some shots and your true essence has truly come through. way to go getting such a great second shooter. enjoy your upcoming year. a

Kelsy Nielson said...

Thanks!

I think Kelly is great too! We should be in for an amazing year.

Wil said...

nice shots Kelly! ;)

Oler Family said...

You are so positive...Always!
What great pictures! It helps that you are so pretty!

Erik Hornung said...

Typical media - they're not really so much about the truth are they? I wonder what percentage of articles in the Journal are actually truthfully told?

Anyways, this if my first gander through your website and blog (thanks to the Journal) and your photography is amazingly stellar! I look forward to following your blog further...

Best,
Erik Hornung
http://www.erikhornungphotography.com

Kelsy Nielson said...

Thanks Erik!

I think what I really had to say wasn't all that interesting so they needed to spice it up a bit with some word twisting and exaggerations , lol! Lesson learned, don't believe everything you read... in the words of wise John Mayer "when they own the information they can bend it all they want" :)