Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Stacey & Justin- May 30 2009

I had the pleasure of photographing Stacey and Justin's beautiful day last Saturday in St. Albert. After a wonderful heartfelt ceremony we headed to the U of A campus for some portraits before heading over to Cha for Tea Palace for a traditional 10 Course Chinese dinner. Well, not completely traditional since they substituted the Shark Fin soup for something a less controversial and definitely more humane, Hot & Sour Soup (great choice! I'm also a fan of not killing sharks solely for their fins). The perfect day was topped off by sentimental speeches and the couples first dance...ever. They had never danced together before their wedding night...not even a practise dance in their kitchen :) It was so sweet. Another great touch was the personalized wedding date & names toothbrush favours. One of my favourite favours to date! Cute, personal ( Justin is a dentist) and totally practical. I was psyched to try mine out and for the next three months every time I brush my teeth I'll think of your awesome day!

Thanks for including me in your day (and thanks for the eloquent shout out in your thank-you speech. I am still laughing!)

Hugs,
Kelsy



So I wanted to post pictures from all different parts of your day, but got a little absentminded and now it is a bit random....however I guess it's my blog, so whatever works!

Are these cool or what? Made by Funky Petals in Westlock


Justin sent over a beautiful watch with a card that had a recording of his voice when Stacey opened it. I may be living under a rock, but I had no idea such a thing even existed. Let me say, there wasn't a dry eye in the house after she opened that card!



I think Stacey looks like Scarlett Johansson quite a bit.




My first real "spring" wedding of the year meant that I took advantage of all the pretty spring colours.






Cuteness.








Gorgeous Girls.



Dashing Groomsman.


Of course I had to blog a picture of the dance. Another moment where there wasn't a dry eye. That room was filled to the brim with LOVE.

4 comments:

karie mclain said...

Um. Awesome! I love the one of the boys in front of the brick... Great job as always girl!!

Renee said...

Beautiful Photos Kelsey...I love how you show off the colors!!

Julie James said...

Kelsy...so beautiful!! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

#5 and #6 are my favs. They are amazing!

Erik