Thursday, August 6, 2009

Curtis & Oksana- August 1, 2009

Curtis and Oksana were married in a traditional Ukrainian Orthodox ceremony at St. John's Cathedral followed by totally nontraditional reception at one of my favourite Edmonton restaurants, Packrat Louie. The day was a mix of thoughtful customs and contemporary fun, but the one thing that was consistent was the way Curt and Oksana looked at each other. It was intense, honest and beautiful. The kind of love that gives you goosebumps simply by being in its presence.

Thank you for allowing me to capture you together. It was magic.

Love,

Kelsy

*Today I am trying out showing images from throughout the day. It was tough since I could have made 20 posts of just Curtis & Oksana together, but I am trying to mix it up a bit. Let me know what you like better, just Portraits or a mix of images. Cheers*


Getting dressed is always a really fun part of the day.

Oksana is absolutely stunning. Her timeless beauty was so easy to photograph.


St. John's is a beautiful Church Downtown Edmonton.


Curtis is smiling even though hot wax was streaming down the candle and making a wax pool on his hands. It looked painful to me, he must have been really happy :)









One last shot of the first dance at Packrat's. I am guessing they will have many anniversary dinners here full of memories.

Edmonton Wedding Photography by Kelsy Nielson

7 comments:

Shaun Scade said...

Great shots Kels, I prefer the whole day myself.

SusanHydzik said...

Really beautifully done photographs! Really great feel to all of them! My favorite are in the field.

Erik Hornung Photography said...

This set of photos is incredible. Your work truly is amazing and inspiring!

chelsea said...

Hi Kelsy,
Just wanted to say how stunning these photos are! I like seeing the whole day...
Chels

Wil said...

I loved the whole day highlights! :))

Unknown said...

Beautiful images Kelsy !!!

Oler Family said...

Wow Kelsy! Those pictures are amazing!!