Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anne & Jason- August 8 2009

Anne and Jason had a wonderful, long wedding day full of Chinese Traditions and lots of fun. They started early: Anne started getting ready at 5am and the first Tea Ceremony was at 11am, but they were still smiling when the dance hit full gear at 10:30pm. I had a great day laughing with the chill bridal party and enjoying the company of Anne and Jason. They are easiest going people around, and since Anne was changing into a new outfit for the reception she wasn't concerned about her dress at all...which of course I took full advantage of ( I generally don't get too many brides who are totally willing to sit in the middle of a dirty parking garage on their dress!).

And since it was a very looong day, this is a very looong post...even after I took out a TON of funny stuff and cute memories. This is a very condensed version of some of the unique moments.


Enjoy,
Kelsy

In Chinese Tradition, the Groom comes to the Brides home to find the her. However, he needs to get past a group of Bridesmaid first. This usually involves paying the Bridesmaids large amounts of money and doing ridiculous stunts in order to get past the front door.

The Bridesmaids wouldn't budge until He'd paid up, done 99 push ups and sang some love songs for his Bride.

Finally, he gets into the house...only to have to pay them more! Poor guys (lucky Bridesmaids).

Anne was worth two full pigs :) And no, I didn't try any, even though I was offered on several occasions. It was a little too early for me to start thinking about pork roast.


The First Tea Ceremony begins and Anne and Jason are showered with red envelopes filled with money and lots of Gold jewellery.

Receiving some very special gold bracelets. Anne was emotional with all the tradition and family.

The ceremony was full of tears and smiles. There was no bigger smiles then when these two strolled down the isle after being declared Husband and Wife. Yay!

Formals at McKay Ave





More Formals in a parking garage downtown.





This is one of my favs from the day. I could have done a whole posting of just Anne and Jason on sitting on the floor of the Garage.

Same shot as above, I just got up and changed my perspective. (That's my photography tip for the day, always move about to see things differently)

Some of the details of the lovely Venue at the Coast Plaza.

This made me laugh a lot. They were playing a game where the guests got to choose what style of kiss Anne and Jason had to do. Someone requested a Wet Willy (not sure how that is a kiss, but oh, well!). Anne nearly died!

Another Fun game (Chinese receptions are full of the most creative games). Jason is trying to get a pen tied around his waist in to a Corona Bottle blindfolded with Anne guiding him.

First Dance as husband and wife. It was to my own first dance song and I smiled the entire time....

5 comments:

stephanie said...

i love that shadow on the dance floor, and all the different angles throughout the day!

Erik Hornung Photography said...

Im amazed with the use of converging lines and shadows in this set of photos. I wish I could borrow your eyes for a couple of days! I love seeing your constantly fresh ideas in your work. I can't wait for your next post!

Unknown said...

OH GOSH KELSY!!!!!!!! Words can not explain how we are feeling right now. Jay and I just finished looking through the post - and MY OH MY! We cant thank you enough. Can wait to see the rest of the photos!! :D

Bonnie said...

I love the shadow of the last pic too, they are all wonderful! You should give lessons.. or maybe you could use a helper :)
Beautiful!

Karie McLain Photography said...

OMG, you worked it out with the bridal party! LOVE THIS!