Monday, April 20, 2009

April 20

Pleas'd look forward, pleas'd to look behind, And count each birthday with a grateful mind. - Alexander Pope

Today is my Birthday. I love birthdays. Truly, getting older isn't a bad thing when you consider the alternative. It's another year at the doorstep waiting to be lived and appreciated. I've got lots of goals and big things in store for my 26th year including my goal to really soak it all up. This is the only life I have, I might as well take it all in.

For my 26th Birthday I have compiled a list of 26 things about me to share with you.

I know it's not wedding pictures, but don't worry, wedding season starts in a couple of weeks and I can start showing off what your actually here for :)


26 Things about Kelsy

1. I love love love Tim. He makes me laugh ALL the time and although he could be the strangest person I know, and I love him for that.

2. I love to travel. I have been to 27 countries and plan on going to all 7 continents sometime or another. Backpacking is the best way to see a lot on a tight budget and really experience people and cultures. The stories we have from getting off the beaten track still amaze me when I think back at them.

3. I am always writing lists, perhaps 4 a day. I like the sense of accomplishment crossing something off, even if it is just simple things.

4. I am turning into my mother. Not sure how it happened, but all of a sudden I realized I do so many things the same ( hence Tim's new nickname for me, "Pat"). I do not find this a bad thing since she is the most amazing person in the world.

5. I have had my own full time Photography business since January 2007. I completely love it and I am learning more and more everyday.

6. I like to listen to the music of Jack Johnston, John Mayer, Ben Folds, Rob Thomas, Matt Huchinson, Bedouin Soundclash, Donavon Frankenreiter and Matt Nathanson.

7. I go to the William Lutzky gym classes every morning...but mostly for the post work out visit with Claire, Brandy and Michelle. Feel free to join into the fun...9am :)

8. I love the Oilers. Not just a little bit, but a slightly crazy amount. I know the stats and yell at the TV on bad nights…which was al ot this year. However they are the only thing that gets me through an Edmonton Winter and can't help but adore them.

9. I don't like any sort of clutter, knick knack or trinket. Even buying throw pillows was a stretch for me. I'm into simple Lines and clean design...

10. I love deals almost as much as I love my Birthday. A sale is pretty much the best thing ever. People wonder how we can afford to travel so much ("how can you afford not too?" is usually my first answer) but if you have ever seen my grocery shop you'd be amazed at all the money I save :)

11. I have 19 nieces and nephews and they all crack me up. It is so much fun watching them grow up and become amazing these little people.

12. I will never be good enough for myself, but my drive is what gets me up and makes me work harder at my business, go to workshops and seminars, and never stop learning.

13. I go out to eat way too often and could write a top 50 list for favorite restaurants in Edmonton. (please feel free to add to this list, lol)

14. I concussed myself my first time skiing right when Tim and I started dating. After the ride of shame in the ambulance I decided I was going to be a really good skier, and now I am very proud to keep up on nearly any hill.

15. My family is the most important thing to me in the world. It is awesome having 7 older siblings and the fact we fill an entire house with kids and love at Christmas.

16. Our new house could not be any more perfect for us. I adore it and relish the fact that we put a lot of sweat and tears into making it 'ours'.

17. I would like to have children, but share in a fear with Tim that I might not love them like everyone else LOVES their children. What if they pass me my baby and I am like "okay, this is a nice baby" not all blubbery and not "she is the most amazing thing in my life!!"

18. I really enjoy a bowl of Lucky Charms in the morning. They're just so magically delicious.

19. Mexico is my favorite place in the world. Been there 7 times. I love a lot of beautiful countries, but can't get enough of Mexican food, people, beaches, & sun. It could be because Tim and I were married there and it just a special place for us.

20. I make up nick-names for inanimate objects like remotesky and lensy-lens.

21. I love ice cream. Really, any flavour will do.

22. My favourite TV shows are The Office, The Soup, Criminal Minds, Flight of the Conchords, and reality TV like Survivor, Amazing Race, DYTYCD and my guilty pleasure show Rock of Love (yes, I am aware of how horrible it is, but I just can't stop).

23. Forgiveness is the key to happiness.

24. I only get my hair done, like once or maybe twice a year. It's long so it doesn't need to be done as often, right???

25. I still cry at my clients weddings especially when they write their own vows.

26. Not a day goes by where I don't count my many blessings.

4 comments:

Patti said...

Great post. Don't worry about the kids I didn't love mine right away. In fact with my first son I referred to myself as Aunt for the first week. It took me a while to realize I was the mom.

NoahToly said...

What an awesome thing to do. I wish I took the time to formulate my thoughts like this (and not just on a weekly sometimes to rushed event in my journal) Ali loved reading your 26 item list and wrote out your favorite music list. Good Job Kelsy!!!!

Oler Family said...

What a great list! Well except for your love for the Oilers! haha! Happy 26th Birthday Kelsy! You are such a GREAT friend...I'm so lucky!

Kelsy Nielson said...

Patti, That is so cute! Does Chace now that story? Aunt! Heehee. Makes me feel better though, what a scary thought, someone handing you a baby and just telling you it's yours. Crazy!