Monday, April 13, 2009

April 13

Today is our anniversary. 3 years ago today we were on the beach in Tulum, Mexico, saying our vows to each other in front of 50 of our favourite people in the world. I can't believe how time has past so quickly from that day to now. I also can't believe how much more I love Tim now. I know it's an old saying at weddings to hope that "today is the day that you love each other the least", but couldn't be more true. I thought on that day that I loved him more then anything, but that love has multiplied a million zillion times since then. I can't image my life without the guy who makes me laugh every single day and does crazy things just because he loves me. Life just goes by so fast and I'm so glad I'm with someone who also understands the importance of making every day matter. Together we tackle trying new things, new foods and new countries. Together we are the perfect team to experience (to really experience, not just live) life together and try to make our moments count.

We don't remember days, only moments.


And the fleeting snippets of memories from our Wedding are ones I hold on too and cherish.


Like....

My brother walking me down the isle as I stared at Tim waiting at the end with that beautiful smile on his face.

Messing up the first line of my self-written vows. Laughing at the mistake (it was a good one). Crying through the rest of my vows. Then being stunned with the beauty of Tim's well thought words. My jaw dropped and my eyes filled with tears. I knew he loved me, but I couldn't believe the sincerity and the depth of his promises to me.

The hugs after the ceremony. Especially from my Mother.

The speeches at our simple reception and the song my nieces and sister wrote and sang for me. I can't even think of that without getting choked up. I had never had anyone write a song for me and it was more thoughtful-hilarious & tear-jerking then I could have ever imagined.

And of course, our first dance poolside just under the full moon. At that moment I couldn't image life getting any better. But it has and I'll be eternally grateful.

Weddings are beautiful & magical but marriage is even better.
Thank you Timmy for everything, I could never put it into proper words.
Love,
Kelsy







3 comments:

Nolan & Kristine said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Kristine and I are sneaking up on 6 months and we agree, marriage is awesome. Spending time together laughing and taking on new challeneges (home reno's!) are great!

Brandi said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Oler Family said...

What a cute post, you two really are perfect for each other. Happy Anniversary!