Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sarah & Dean- mSession :)

Yesterday I had the opportunity to photograph my very first maternity session ever! Luckily my models were some of my very best friends who were willing to take the time for me to figure out how to actually shoot pregnancy images.....lol....it is a bit different from my 'normal' sessions, the posing is unique with that lovely big belly and also realizing that making my couple get up and down while I change my mind for locations is not really a good idea when some one is nearly 9 months along :) I was blessed to be Sarah's maid of honour at her wedding years ago and yesterday it was another honour to document this special time in their lives before they start the next brilliant chapter.

Sarah & Dean, you are a both amazing people who will be unbelievable parents. Your baby will be so incredibly loved, so perfectly beautiful and so wonderfully snuggable. I can't wait to hold her and marvel at the beauty of life.

the best is yet to be.......

love & hugs,

Kelsy












This shot requires a small explanation. While walking through the field, I saw a single daisy growing and picked it for quick image. When I approached Sarah and told her the idea, her mouth dropped. On her Vision Board (yes, she is a 'Secret' addict like myself, complete with a board with images of her goals, hopes and dreams) at home there is a picture of belly and a small daisy. I was not aware of this beforehand. It just shows how visualizing what you want can help you achieve your goals...even down to the smallest detail :)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Kelsy - you'd never know it was your first m-session. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

The photos are amazing! Your work is incredible Kelsey. Sarah and Dean are lucky to have such a talented friend!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelsey, those are amazing photo's. You do some amazing work!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Every picture is just adorable! Sarah looks so good! I think you're going to expand your work beyond weddings!!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

If these are your try at first pregnancy pictures, I'd like to see your second try! wow!

Rachel