Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Seth- Lifestyle Session

I first met Natasha & Mike last year when I photographed their wedding. Now, a baby makes three! It took me about a minute to realize that Seth is no ordinary baby, so this was going to be no ordinary session! During this session I was thinking that I have no idea how tradition baby photographers pose babies ... Seth was just go go go! I can't imagine sitting him down for portrait. lol. He was only really happy when being hung upside down or being swung in the air. And, well, that worked great for me :) Enjoy these few from our session... but careful, they are not for the weak of stomach....

Meet Seth: He's ready for his close-up



Family Picture time!


Seth zooming in, trying to eat my camera...yummy.


Seth is turning into a bit of a grumpy pants as I tried to do some casual family portraits...

So Dad threw him around again some more...

Super Baby!
Maybe a little much action for a Tuesday afternoon. That last toss in the air just brought up his lunch. Do you not just love his shirt? He also had one that said "Lock up Your Daughters". Too cute. Despite the small vomit episode, he was being hung from his feet gleefully moments later. Never see a child quite so happy to be upside down.

Thanks so much for sharing your Tuesday afternoon with me. I am still laughing at your babe's huge personality and the ton of hilarious pictures we got. Can't wait to see him again.

Cheers,

Kelsy

15 comments:

Natasha D said...

Oh Kelsy,

The pictures are awesome. I can't wait to see the rest.I think that you did an amazing job, and they will always remind me of this wonderful time.

tanya said...

These are amazing. Probably the most interesting family pictures I've seen. I love the black and white one where Mike is throwing Seth. It looks like Seth is actually floating. They are very cool. Kelsey you take some of the coolest pictures I have seen.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so amazing!!! I love the one of flying baby!!!!Good work!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are incredible! They are so unique, I love everything about them, the background, even the spit up! I really am interested of getting some done myself with Hunter!

Beth said...

The photos of Seth and his Mom & Dad are so untraditional, and I think that is what makes them SO fantastic. Absolutely beautiful. Kelsey, you are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god Natasha I never seen such great baby pictures. Kelsy is truely amazing and of course she had such a cutie pie baby to work with. He is a doll, big blue eyes. You must be so proud. I will be using Kelsy for any pictures I do. WOW!!!!!

Colleen Rowe

Anonymous said...

The one with his fingers in his mouth is awesome. He doesn't look cranky he looks mysterious.

Anonymous said...

The one where his fingers are in his mouth is awesome. He looks more sophisticated than grumpy.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is wow- some very beautiful pictures! Will truly make a great album to treasure.

rhea_0987 said...

These are really great pictures. They're so different than most baby pictures! Love them!

Anonymous said...

WOW Kelsy!!!
You took amazing and beautiful pics for Tasha and Mike's wedding and now the pics of Seth are just as wonderful. You are an extremely talented photographer and I have to admit I browse your blog from time to time to enjoy your breath taking work.
Keep up the awesome work Kelsy!!!

and AWESOME pics Tsha.. Sth is absolutely gorgeous... he'll be a hearbreaker for sure!!

Kelsy Nielson said...

Thanks Everybody! It was easy get fun and unique shoots when you have an adorable baby and great models :)

Anonymous said...

These are some awesome pics. I'm totally amazed. They totally fit Tasha and Mike.

Anonymous said...

AWWEEE What amazing pics of the adorable Seth baby!!!
I just got uterus pangs.... ouch!!!!

Anonymous said...

these photos are absouletly beautiful they truely capture the love and fun that Tasha, Mike and Seth have. Truely AWESOME!!!