Friday, November 28, 2008

Provincial Image Competition 2008

Although I was out of the country for the actual competition, I was greeted with some good news upon my return. In the 2008 Professional Photographers of Canada- Alberta Branch's Image Competition I had some great success. But first I want to say thank you to my wonderful clients for allowing me to photograph your most special days and be a small part of your lives. Without you all, none of this would ever be possible. I truly don't take your trust in me or your business for granted. So again thank you very much! I am in incredibly grateful every day that I have the best job in the world!


Now my three new awards :)



Best in Class- Photojournalistic Wedding Image 2008


"Helping Hands":



Thanks to Alicia and her beautiful (and very attentive, I must say) bridemaids for falling into a perfect form to create this Photojournalistic image.



Best in Class- Feature Album 2008


This is a category I had never entered before. It is a album of your choosing, but no wedding images/albums were allowed. Lots of people enter family albums or Commercial work and I decided to enter a engagement album into the category and happily it won.


Here are some pages from my album "Michelle & Adam":

















Best In Class- Wedding Album 2008



And finally my favourite Category, Wedding Album of the Year. This year, after lots of debating I decided to enter Alicia and Cody's album into Competition. There were so many beautiful weddings this year, it was a incredibly hard choice. But I guess it was a good choice because for the third year in a row I won Alberta's Wedding album of the year!



Here is a very small peak at a few pages in Alicia and Cody's Award Winning Album:

















Thanks again to my clients, friends and family for your support. I am already looking forward to entering National Competition this Spring :)

Cheers,
Kelsy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelsy! What a great welcome home! You definately deserve all three awards!

Anonymous said...

congrats Kelsy! beautiful images and albums!!!

kp said...

Congratulations Kelsy!!