Tuesday, May 6, 2008

2008 National Image Competition

Last month I had the opportunity to enter our Professional Photographers of Canada Image Competition (PPOC). I love entering photographic competitions because it allows me to be judged by non-bias professionals. ( yes, my bias Mother may think I am the greatest photographer in the whole wide world... but that's just not good enough anymore :) ). If you've been to the Studio, you've seen my love of competitions... and this year I am nothing but smiles for the results. My wedding album (Rene & Kelly) placed in the top 3 Nationwide! I am very pleased with this result as the calibre of photographers who enter is just outstanding. As well, all of my entered images hung in the our national exhibition, which is just fantastic!

Again, I'd like to say how much I love my life as a wedding photographer. I love being a part of your lives and capturing moments for you. I love getting to know you all and your unique weddings, traditions and customs. It truly is a joy to do what I do.

A quote I used in my very first blog posting....

“When you find yourself beginning to feel a bond between yourself and the people you photograph, when you laugh and cry with their laughter and tears, you will know you are on the right track.” -Arthur Fellig

If that's the truth, then I'm on my way.

I look forward to 2008's wedding with lots of anticipation and excitement. I can't wait to push my limits a bit further with every wedding I shoot and take your images to a new level.

Thanks for your trust in me!

Lots of Hugs,

Kelsy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kelsy! I am glad to hear that you did so well in the competition! And you are very lucky to have found a career that you love so much, many people dream of that!!