Thursday, November 1, 2007

Image Competition 2007

Well, I'd like to start by saying I'm a little overwhelmed...but I'll try to get it all in words. I first want all my clients to know how much I've loved being apart of their lives this past year. It has been a whirlwind of excitement and I have enjoyed spending time with each and everyone of you. Thank you for trusting me with your most precious memories. Thank you for allowing me to produce amazing albums that can be passed down through generations. I have had so much fun this year and want you all to know how much I have loved 2007.

As for the Professional Photographers of Canada- Alberta Branch Annual Competition..... Here's what we won........Well, we did good :)

2007 Wedding Album of the Year "Kelly and Rene" (Wedding in Beaumont, AB) This award means the most to me as I put my heart into producing my albums. Thank you Kelly and Rene for being sooooo in love and letting your emotions, love and laughter be captured by myself. Your day was especially amazing and all the beauty that surrounded it was incredible to photograph.


2007 Wedding Group Portrait "Celebration on the Sand" (Wedding in Maui, HI) This image is from another amazing couple's destination wedding. Christine and Danny and their crew were so much fun...up for everything...and I mean everything. What a blast that day was!






2007 Photojournalist Wedding Image of the Year "Reluctant Princess" (Wedding in Wabasca, AB). Nichole and JJ's wedding was a great day to be apart of. Their two flower girls and two ring bearer's were so cute I had a hard time pulling the camera away from them :) But in the end we got an image that has fantastic emotion.



And to finish it off I won....."2007 Photographer of the Year" in the Generalist Category. This award is given to the photographer with the most outstanding overall entry. It was incredible to win, especially against the calibre of photographers we have in Alberta. It's been a bit of shock, but it's truly fantastic award to win so early in my career. And of course, I couldn't have done it without my brilliant, inspiring, sensational, wonderful clients. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!


So, as I take in all that has transpired these past few days, I want everyone to know how grateful I am to have everything I have. The blessing I have be given are beyond the wildest dreams. A amazing husband & family, a great career and new home....life is wonderful. And now it is time to give back in all that I can. The studio is planning a heartwarming project for all of us to share in our blessings.....I will post more details as it all becomes clearer., but as we are blessed to live some where with so much bounty, we too should bless others. More to come very soon....
All the Glory to the Big Guy Upstairs,
Kelsy :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelsy! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments this past year. I must say that it doesn't come as a surprise as we have thought your work is amazing ever since we first saw it. Everyone that has seen our engagement pictures has loved them and they always ask who took them. I can't wait for you to photograph our wedding!

Anonymous said...

YEAH KELSY! But of course we already knew you were the best photographer in Alberta, that's why we hired you!

Basht said...

CONGRATS!!! nicely done girlie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys!!!!

Love you all!

Kelsy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards! You deserve every single one, you are such an amazing and talented girl!