Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Challenge 2009

Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ~Mary Ellen Chase


It's the holiday season again and there's no better way to spread the joy of Christmas then to give to those less fortunate then yourself. So this year for my Annual Christmas Challenge we will be collecting toys for children in our community. Please bring by an unwrapped gift for a child and in return you will awarded with an 8x10 from your wedding or engagement session. It's that simple :)

There are a few guidelines in order to receive your 8x10-

-This offer is for current 2009 wedding/portrait clients & future 2010 wedding clients.

-You can earn up to a maximum ten 8x10 custom prints per couple/family.

-Only gifts dropped off at my studio will be eligible for 8x10's, but I really do think it's great if you already have donated at the mall or at a Christmas party.

-While I will gladly accept stocking stuffers and small gifts (like hot wheels, crayons and colouring books) only larger gifts will be awarded an 8x10 (just think about the presents children you know personally would love to open on Christmas morning and go from there)

- Please follow the Suggestions on the
http://www.santasanonymous.ca/ website. They are often short on gifts for the 9-12 age category. I like the suggestion of Boardgames and craft sets. Santa's Anonymous has great ideas for kids in each category.

-If you purchase an item that needs accessories please try to include them with it. For example send batteries with battery operated toys, extra clothes with a barbie etc.

It's been a couple of years since I last had the Edmonton Christmas Bureau as my charity of choice for the holiday season, but I do know in that in that year I had to make two drop off trips in my Matrix since soooo many wonderful gifts were donated. I hope have that problem again this year and since my clients are all so awesome and generous, I'm sure it won't be a problem!

Any questions? Please email me at inlove@knphoto.ca

Lots of Love,

Kelsy
(and no, that's not our Christmas tree- it's just courtesy of Google- but next weekend Tim promised to go cut me down a nice pine tree...)

4 comments:

Wendii said...

This is such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic idea! It is great to think outside the box to help those in need at Christmas!

Anthony Esposito said...

Optimism, pessimism; good times, bad times: we all need to keep our center, which is another word for the soul, and we must all communicate. "Resolve what stands between you and your loved one." Start a conversation with AJEMediation.com.

Anonymous said...

hey kelsycall me if you ever need help waxing your arm pits, legs, or crotchel area(if you know what i mean)
thanks,
anthony